4.05.2012

very belated...but a great weekend

All 4 of the Barbers had a WONDERFUL weekend...I am late getting around to posting pictures on the blog about it! :) SHOCK!

Josh and I headed to Columbia, MO on Saturday morning for a wedding (about a 5 hour drive one way). Before we left town, we dropped Will off at my co-worker's/our good friends' house in Nevada. He spent 2 days with Lyle, Becca, Jack, and Reid...and from what I hear, Will was a good little house guest and they had a lot of fun together. (Click here to see pictures.) When I got there to pick him up on Sunday afternoon, he barely glanced at me across the yard and went back to playing...so I took that to mean he was just fine without me. :)

We drove about 15 more miles down Hwy. 30 and then dropped Keatin off at my principal's house in State Center. She got to spend 2 days with my principal and her husband...and their 3 girls. She was in HEAVEN!!!! She got to go on an Easter Egg Hunt with their family, attend a barbecue, go to church, and even make a guest appearance in their church's children's choir - ha! Again, when we got there on Sunday to pick her up, she actually didn't even come up to hug us and instead, stayed on the swing and started to cry because she didn't want to leave. :)

A HUGE thank you to both sets of our friends for loving on our kids while we were gone! It made me feel so good to know my kids were having a blast without us.

On our drive to Columbia, we did things like this...

...and this. Can you tell we aren't alone, just the 2 of us very much??? Ha! But let me tell you...the 10 hours we spent in the car over the weekend was SO much more enjoyable without 2 small children along for the ride!

Josh's old roommate from NWMSU was getting married. Chris happened to go to high school with my freshman roommate at Creighton University... A total fluke thing, but throughout our college years...we were able to all hang out a lot because we all knew each other! SO...I got to see one of my BFF's Priya at the wedding as well and her new baby Anand. It was really a great trip all the way around. Below is a picture of Josh with 3 of his roommates from college - John, John, Chris, and Josh.

And here are the 2 lovelies that were freshman roommates at Creighton in the fall of 1999! :)

And look what fun sign we found in our travels!!! Monroe, IA was speaking to you William Paul Barber! HA!


No comments: