8.26.2012

still here

Hi...

We are still here...

Just been kinda busy...
 
New school and school year...new daycare...new routine...a new apartment (next weekend)...and hopefully a new house, come February or March...

But...we are hanging in there!

 





Keatin, Will, and I took a break from all the organizing and packing this morning and snuck away to the park for over an hour. It was great. :) Gorgeous weather, new toys to play on, lots of geese and dogs to watch, and Will even pooped his pants...which is always a cause for celebration around here. :) I love these kids...and some days in the last 2 weeks, I have been missing them like CRAZY. And the times of day that I get to spend with them...well, let's just say...it isn't always their best moments...but they are moments, nontheless...and I am grateful for an awesome Sunday morning like we had today.

SO...Keatin officially starts 4 year old preschool on Tuesday. She is THRILLED beyond belief. She will be wearing her Easter dress...don't ask...I know it is not practical for school, but the poor girl has been talking about wearing it to school since June...so I figured I better just go with it. :) I have also found a wonderful mother of another preschool student to help with transporting Keatin to and from school...what a blessing for Josh and I. :) Oh...and Keatin's preschool classroom is just around the corner from my office at school. :)

And then come this weekend, we are moving...to an apartment...in Ankeny. The 3 kids (which includes Crimson) will be going to stay with G & G Petersen for the weekend. G & G Barber actually have a wedding in Ames on Saturday night...which is perfect timing for them because then they get to help us move/unpack - ha! I am just ready to be done with the organizing/packing process (for now) and get the moving over with...which will put me/the kids much closer to Bondurant...which will be very nice. :)

Speaking of Bondurant...I think we are going to build a house there! We have found a plot of land we like that backs up to a little pond. Click here if you want to see the builder's website and the floorplan we are looking at. Don't really know all the details yet...but that is in the works too!

(OK - and I was almost thinking of typing this right here...[And...I am pregnant!] Which is a total lie...but just felt like I needed to add one more crazy thing going on in our lives right now!!!!)

All in all...we are hanging in there. :) Keatin is excited to move to our new "little house" (AKA - the apartment) because we can ride our bikes to Jack and Reid's house from there. :) I know it will be a transition for the kids...okay, maybe ALL of us...but Josh and I are SO excited for this new chapter of our lives!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments: